Greetings from Anlong Veng, Cambodia! We trust and pray that all is well with you.
God continues to move and stir hearts among new believers in a mighty way! As the result, more people are coming to Christ every week! Here are some more exciting ministry stories…
A New Church Started!
|A new believer reading God's words|
|Soeuth praying for 28 new believers at Srae Krasang village|
|Soeuth preaching evangelism message to 28 new believers|
|This husband-wife couple, former witch doctors, are among the 28 new -born children of the One True God!!!!|
When we visited them recently, we asked if they need anything. Experience taught us to ask people questions, up front and in advance, as to reasons why they would choose to follow Jesus. Because of poverty and various needs, some people may view Christianity as an opportunity to gain material things. So, when we asked the elderly couple if they need anything, the man simply responded, “If you could just give me a Bible and a pair of reading glasses that would be enough for me. I want to read and learn more about my new God!” Since we already had both items in the car, we willingly and gladly granted him his most desired request. This past Sunday afternoon (Sept. 16), because of their persistent pleas, we had to cancel one church service at Toul Prich in order to help new believers start a church service at Srae Krasang.
For your awareness: since there are just two of us, we typically go to three-village church services, one village after another, every Sunday. We normally leave the house around 7:30am on a Sunday and return home around 8:30 pm. Needless to say that we NEED help! Please continue to pray that God would send us extra helping hands.
Andoung Chan’s Share & Prayer Time…
|Syna teaching Abundant Life class at Andong Chan village|
- Mr. Kong shared: Last week, Mr. Kong and his wife were visiting their oldest daughter’s future in-laws at Kampong Cham province; and when opportunities came Kong shared the Good News with everyone. As the result, seven family members gave their lives to Jesus! After the family had prayed to receive Christ, the mother of that family said that she had a lump, a tumor, in her lower abdomen, for almost ten years. The tumor was the size of a large grapefruit! She asked if Kong and his wife would pray for her. They did. Afterward, he introduced the family to a local church and encouraged them to attend church regularly. The next day, while Kong and his wife were traveling home, the family, who are now new believers, called and excitedly reported that, “The lump is about 95% smaller! It is Amazing! Can you come back again and pray more for me?” Kong assured her that it was the Lord Jesus who healed her, and he encouraged her to keep believing in God.
- Not wanting to miss his chance, Pastor Dy shouted, “God is at it again this week! A voodoo witch doctor gave his life to Preah yea-sue (Jesus) yesterday at church!”
- Mr. Raa came to class with two elderly men, each sitting beside him. Grinning from ear to ear, Raa, after greeting the class, began to apologize to Syna saying, “Sorry, teacher, for missing your class last week. I was busy sharing the Good News to these gentlemen that I forgot to look at the time. These men are now children of God! They invited Jesus into their hearts last week!”
- Moun thanked the class for praying for his mother’s chronic leg pains. “She is much better and is able to walk again, on her own!” (See Moun’s story in our May update).
We give praises to God for revealing Himself, continuously and in a mighty way, especially to new and young believers. It is very encouraging to see young believers taking God’s words seriously and applying everything they learned to their daily lives.
Through weekly interactions, we learned that Isaiah is passionate about working with and teaching children and has a deep desire to give little children every opportunity that life can offer. The youngest of ten children, Isaiah was orphan since he was 6 months old! He and his nine older siblings had lived in an orphanage for a few years. After leaving the orphanage, his older siblings raised him and provided basic care to Isaiah to the best of their abilities, but they did not understand that Isaiah’s greatest need was the actual love and affection from which only a caring and loving mother or father could provide. As a result, Isaiah grew up always longing and hungry for parental love and affection, a constant void that was never fulfilled, until meeting Jesus!
|Isaiah reading Scripture at a recent funeral service at Kampong Klang floating village|
|Children ministry at Toul Krasang village|
|Isaiah leading children ministry at Toul Krasang village|
Timon & Sokhary’s Soccer Ministry...
|Timon and soccer ministry Living Water Alliance church in Poipet|
|Timon and Sokhary serving as soccer coaches at Living Water Alliance church in Poipet|
Pheap & Laalynn’s Journey…
|Soeuth and church leaders at Poipet|
|Bimonthly leadership class in Poipet|
|Sunday school teacher training seminar at Svey|
- Sept 22: Next Poipet bimonthly class.
- Quarterly regional KEC youth rally at Living Water Alliance church, Poipet.
- Sept. 29: National youth committee quarterly meeting in Phnom Penh.
- Oct 6: Northwest regional youth committee meeting in Svey, and Sunday school teacher training seminar in Siem Reap Province.
- Oct. 15: Youth rally at Srae Em village, in Preah Vihear Province.
Please share with us what God is doing in your life. As always, we are very grateful to God for your on-going prayers and support. Your generous giving to the Great Commission Fund (GCF) enables us to keep serving in this part of the world, pushing the darkness, bring the Light and Hope of Jesus to lost and hopeless souls. Thank you for your partnership with us in the Cambodian growing ministries.
Soeuth & Syna