Former Witchcraft Villagers Celebrated their First Christmas…
|Former witchcraft villagers celebrating their first Christmas|
|80 plus people celebrated their first Christmas in Pume Thmey village|
When Soeuth shared a Christmas- message entitled “The Good News to the Outcasts” found in Luke 2:8-20, the entire audience paid close attention to every word spoken. As they listened, many villagers nodded in agreement to message as they could relate well to the shepherd—the out-casted characters in this biblical story. At the end of the message, opportunities were given to any villager who wanted to testify what God was doing in their lives; and one after another, people willingly shared their stories as below…
- On December 11 at 9:32 pm, we received a wonderful news that our second grandchild, granddaughter this time, Maya Joy Lao, had safely arrived into the world to the waiting arms of her proud parents, Justin and Katie, and to her adorable big brother, Jesse. Since Maya’s birth, we received and treasured the countless pictures and short videos thoughtfully made and sent to us by her parents. We look forward to and long to meet Maya, and to hugs both precious grandchildren, Lord willing, by early July 2021.
- December 19: two young single mothers prayed to receive Jesus shortly after attending the Christmas celebration at the Toul Prich Village. These two ladies and some few other new believers are being trained and prepared for the baptism which take place sometimes in January.
- Dec. 24, after a worship service at Pume Thmey, 28 people came forward to rededicate their lives to Jesus. Please pray against spiritual oppositions and on-going spiritual attacks for these dear new believers as they must remain living in the village while trying to shine the Light of Jesus to the dark community. Many people from this village, including the new believers’ own relatives and neighbors, still worship demons and witches of the area. These young believers whose spiritual journey is less than 9 months old (there are about 40 of them) are being spiritually cared for and taught in the Word at a weekly basis by two designated leaders, Po and Lang. (Both Lang and Po enrolled in our weekly leadership and discipleship classes at Srae Nouy).
28 people came forward to rededicate their lives to Jesus
- Dec. 26: We had a “small” Christmas (the first Christmas in this village) gathering in La-veah village where 86 people participated. The service was held under the shades of fruit trees where people seated on a plastic taupe. At the end of message, 16 new believers took turns to share the amazing and powerful testimonies of what God was doing in their lives. Their stories included two incidents where young believers prayed to cast out demons/evil spirits from their relatives, many stories about miraculous healings, stories of God’s miraculous interventions, and stories of protections from motorbike accidents, and also a miraculous recuse from snake bites! These were stories of inspired and powerful testimonies which declared to the unbelieving community that the God we service is ALIVE and ACTIVE.
86 people participated, first time, in a Christmas service at La-veah village
- Because of the leaders are still busy leading small Christmas gatherings at various village groups, the plans for locally baptismal services are being held/postponed to be done, one place after another throughout the month of January. Please pray these new believers would remained faithful with their decision to follow Christ and to get baptize.
- The 7 students from Soeuth’s Pentcheude class and the 9 students the TEE Book 3 classes had successfully completed the courses! The same groups of students will move on to enroll in the next higher course levels accordingly.
- At this writing, Syna's Firm Foundation class (9 students) in Toul Prich Village also successfully completed the 68- week course! We will have a graduation party in January...
|182 families received chicken eggs, thanks to a generous donor|
|102 people got baptized on December 28!|